I have a fun little project to share with you guys today. I bought a bag of wooden beads almost a year ago and I've been wanting to make a bunch of painted jewelry with them but never got around to it until now. You can paint anything you want on the beads but for those that aren't too comfortable with their painting skills you can try something as simple as color blocking or geometric shapes by using small strips of tape as you paint. Here are the directions:
1. You need paint, beads, wire cutters, small pliers, jump rings, clasp, chain, two small beads, bead caps and paint brushes.
2. Using small strips of tap space out your lines and paint your open areas on your bead.
3. While your bead is drying cut a long chain for your necklace to your desired length. Then cut 5-6 2 inch chain strips for your tassel.
4. Using one eye pin string the ends of your 5 two inch chain strands and close your loop. Slide a bead cap through your eye pin to set on top your loop of chains. Cut your eye pin slightly and loop the remaining end and slide one more eye pin onto your loop before closing.
5. Remove the tape from your painted bead and place other tape strips to add more color to the unpainted areas as desired. Let it dry before adding to your necklace.
6. While your bead is drying add a clasp and jump rings to the end of your chain.
7. Once your main bead has dried place your beads small, large, then small again on your eye pin. Loop the end of your eye pin with your pliers and slide onto your chain. You're all finished!
If I make another one of these I want to try painting tiny flowers. Cause, you know, I like flowers and all.
Well I hope you liked this little project. I ordered a lot of my supplies from supply shops on etsy but you can find great jewelry supplies at your local craft store as well. I think this would be a fun birthday gift to make for someone. It's so much greater to receive a gift made with love. I can't wait to try this necklace on with a pretty red dress that I have.